Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tex Mex To Go

Y'all know that I couldn't make it through the week without preparing and portioning out meals for the week.  This is especially true for my lunch since I typically eat at the office.  One of my "go-to" meals is a Tex Mex dish that I shared recently on Instagram.


A few people asked for the full recipe so here you go.  I feel kinda bad because this isn't really a "recipe" - it's more of an assembly.  This recipe makes 10 small meals for me. 

Ingredients
  • 2 packages Jennie O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
  • 1 large can of fat free refried beans
  • 2 packages Taco Bell low sodium seasoning
  • Low fat shredded cheese
  • Low fat or fat free sour cream
  • Pickled jalapeños 
Directions

Brown the meat, then add the seasoning packages and water according to package directions.

I portion out the meat into 10 small containers, add a scoop of beans, sour cream, cheese and a few jalapenos.  I microwave it for about a minute and a half.  I also like this as a salad on top of shredded lettuce.  


* * * * *