Monday, November 5, 2012

My Live Fit (WEEK 8) Recap- Counting Calories

So this week (I just finished Week 8 of 12) on the Live Fit Program, we were supposed to count calories.  I used the formula below to determine I should be eating around 1,230 to 1,530 calories per day, depending on my activity.


I found this super cool website, My Fitness Pal that calculates calories for you.  You just type in your ingredients (they have a drop down list for you to choose from down to specific brands) and it calculates the calories, carbs, fat, and protein grams for you.  Here's what 1606 calories a day looks like for me when I'm eating:

Meal 1:  Protein pancakes with peanut butter and syrup + coffee and creamer
Snack:  Two protein brownies -- I don't think the brownies are in there, so my calories are about 100 higher than the My Fitness Pal totals (totaling 1606)
Meal 2:  "Tex Mex" -- I had to add it twice under the "lunch" category
Meal 3:  "Tex Mex"
Meal 4:  Protein shake (after workout)
Meal 5:  Egg White omelet


Those calories add up fast, and with My Fitness Pal, I was able to see how every calorie counts - my coffee creamer alone has 100 calories!

I completely blew the calories this weekend though.  I indulged in cheeseburger, fries, and a beer on Friday, crab cake egg benedict on Saturday at brunch, pizza on Saturday night, and Sunday for lunch.  Also, I had wine on Sunday- but just one glass.  

I'll be back tomorrow sharing my latest photo and workout sheets.  

* * * * *