Sunday, November 11, 2012

Salad (Fruit, Nut, Cheese)

Hi friends!  It's good to be back:)  Over the weekend we went to my son's school Fall Festival and had a great time.  He is at that absolutely delightful age of 2 1/2 and I cannot get enough of him!  Just look at those cute cheeks and squishy little arms and hands!


The problem with the festival was each parent had to bring a dessert, so I made chocolate covered toffee, and then I couldn't stop eating it!  This stuff is seriously addicting.  Now, I'm craving a detox and think I need to incorporate a few salads into my meals this week.

One of my favorite combinations of salad is fruit, nut and cheese.  The salad below is a combination of Romaine and butter lettuce, apricots, walnuts, and goat cheese.  I drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and that's it!  Super fast and easy.  Add grilled chicken for extra protein.


Of course, you can use whatever lettuce you prefer, then switch up the ingredients with various kinds of nuts (like almond slices or pecans), fruit (peaches/cranberries), and cheese (parmesan shards, feta).  Enjoy!

p.s.  If you want the toffee recipe, go HERE.

* * * * *