Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spinach & Fruit Smoothie

I thought for sure making a sweet fruit smoothie with some spinach thrown in would be a certain way to get my 3 year-old to eat some veggies.  No way.  One taste and he spit it right out all over my cowhide rug.  Thankfully, it wiped off just fine.


I used a big handful of spinach and about a cup of frozen fruit with 1/2 cup of water.  It tasted fine at that point, but a little bland.  Because it was intended for James, I sweetened it with one of his toddler yogurts and a tablespoon of honey.



It was yummy, but he didn't like it.  I drank it all and will make it again.  For myself.


In the future, I think I'd add protein powder or greek yogurt for added protein. 



Do you or your kids like spinach smoothies?  How do you make yours? 

* * * * *