- Skin an avocado, remove the pit and mash it in a bowl;
- Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda;
- Add 1/4 cup of hot distilled water; and
- Mix the ingredients into a paste and massage the homemade moisturizing shampoo into your hair and scalp.
- (Optional) You may or may not want to follow up with an apple cider vinegar rinse for pH balance.
Remember to refrigerate the unused mixture. To customize this or any of the other recipes, add a few drops of essential oil for a pleasant scent. Popular oils include lavender, sandalwood, jasmine and rosemary.
For more moisturizing shampoos, check out Suite101: Shampoo Recipes for Dry Hair and Scalp.