Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Live Fit (Week 9) Recap

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

I had hoped to bring you my Live Fit Week 9 recap last week, but a lingering cold made it difficult to complete it in time.  It seems all of America is getting the flu lately.  A couple of days I went to the gym, but only walked on the treadmill instead of doing that days' weight training workout.  Phase 3 of Live Fit is difficult because the workouts keep your heart rate up the whole time, no rests!  In between sets, you do "active rests" like jump rope for a minute, jog/sprint, do step-ups, or abs.  I used to hate jumping rope (I couldn't do it, kept messing up, and felt super self-conscious), but now I'm getting pretty good at it and think it's FUN! :) 

After I recovered from my cold, I kicked butt in the gym!  Seriously, we all have stresses in our lives and taking your emotions out on those weights at the gym can be a life saver.  Put on your iPod, play your rock-out music, and GO!  You will feel so much better after a hard, sweaty workout, I promise.  

DAY 57: LEGS



DAY 58: BACK/BICEPS


DAY 59: CHEST/SHOULDERS



DAY 60:  HAMSTRINGS/GLUTES/CALVES


DAY 61:  BACK/BICEPS/ABS/SPRINTS


DAY 62: SHOULDERS/TRICEPS/CALVES



I did pretty good completing the workouts as designated, but did not follow the eating plan exactly, which calls for calorie counting in Phase 3.  Because I'm already pretty lean, I just eat like I normally do, something like this:

7:30 a.m.  Coffee with creamer, oatmeal with raisins/almonds/cinnamon/skim milk

10:00 a.m.  Protein bar (ideally this should be a meal, but I was on the go this week so just grabbed a bar from my purse)

12:00 p.m.  Grilled chicken pasta salad

3:00 p.m.  Extra lean turkey chili

5:00 p.m. Post-workout protein shake

6:00 p.m.  Extra lean turkey chili

9:00 p.m. Cereal (this isn't recommended, but honestly what I ate this week)

I also had a few hot cocoas (with skim milk) and popped into Starbuck's for a tall, nonfat, no whip white mocha.  I told you it's not perfect!

So, at the end of Week 9, my arms are getting a little more muscular and so are my legs/glutes- yay!  Also, I'm finally noticing that my abs are tighter.  

My favorite body parts to work out are shoulders and legs, I don't like doing biceps/triceps, but I can tell the results are worth it.


Here's a comparison from where I started to now.  Probably the biggest difference that I'm most thrilled about is my shrinking belly.  I know it's difficult to tell because I'm not showing my stomach, but you can kind of see in the first shot where my little "pooch" was, and now it's disappearing.  



You can read about the Live Fit Program (and my progress) by going HERE.   Three more weeks to go.  I will definitely be ready for bikini season this year!  Start NOW, so you will be ready too.  Come summertime, you'll wish you started today.  

I've got my eye on these . . . 



Who's starting TODAY??

* * * * *