Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hair Diary || First Wash-n-Go in Years!

Due to personal health reasons, I took down my jumbo twists and figured I would try Cynthiarf's daily wash-n-go regimen for kinky hair.  I will admit that I was extremely frightened (for knots and tangles) considering my length and shrinkage.  Exhibit A:

LEFT: Straight almost WSL hair (shot from July 2012). RIGHT: Shrunken, un-combed, damp hair (January 2013).  Shrinkage never ceases to amaze me.  Hair eventually shrinks to EL once dry.

To my surprise, the regimen has been working well, but it's only been a few days so far.  I have very little knotting and tangling due to her finger combing method (to remove shed hair).  It also helps that my hair was previously (and thoroughly) detangled prior to the jumbo twists (hence hardly any tangles when starting her routine).  Anyway, below are a few more photos.  I have to keep up this regimen for two more weeks before I can go back to my regular routine.  I'll certainly keep you all posted!


Slight coil definition after raking through with generous amounts of Eco Styler gel.  Otherwise, my hair doesn't really coil on it own.

Put into a puff.  Shrinkage.  :o)
My edges are shot from having not re-done them while in braid extensions.  They'll fill in again.