Monday, September 10, 2012

Hair Diary || Twistout and More Twists

This will be a monthly series in which I discuss my hair journey from now through my 5-year nappiversary in February 2013.

See what had happened was ... the twistout, which was only supposed to be worn for one weekend, ended up living for two.  Sometimes I get too busy OR lazy to face wash-and-detangle day ...

Twistout after one week.

When I finally braved the task at hand, fortunately my hair was still fairly "detangled" from being in a defined week-old twistout.  I put my hair in 8 big braids, pre-pooed, washed, conditioned, and then comb-detangled.  Then I rinsed out the conditioner, and airdried my hair until somewhere between damp and dry.  After that, I went into my usual twists.  I'll keep this set for two, if not three weeks.

New twists to be worn for 2-3 weeks.

Until next time!

You can now find HHB on Facebook: