WHY MANGO BUTTER IS GREAT:
1. It is moisturizing and does not sit on top of the hair. Ladies who have tried both shea butter and mango butter tend to agree that mango butter is more moisturizing and absorbs into the hair better.
2. It has emollient properties. Mango butter can help to smooth the hair and skin as well as seal in moisture.
3. It provides more hold and definition. At room temperature, mango butter is more solid than shea butter. It is probably because of this characteristic that it is able to provide more hold and definition compared to shea butter.
4. Light to mild, sweet scent. If you find the nutty scent of shea butter a bit strong or odoriferous, you may prefer the milder, sweet scent of mango butter.
HOW TO USE MANGO BUTTER:
1. Mix with an oil (or oils) to make a moisturizer. For moisturizing, mango butter is best used when mixed with an oil (or oils). Since it is fairly hard at room temperature, the butter should be melted first. Then add olive oil, coconut oil, safflower oil, grapeseed oil, and/or your favorite oil to create a more pliable moisturizer than may be applied to the hair or skin.
2. As a holding agent. Melt the mango butter slightly and apply it to the hair prior to twisting or braiding.
You can now find HHB on Facebook. Share with your friends: